Below are the latest results from the Marathon County Health Department’s inspection of licensed restaurants and other types of businesses.
- Sherrith St Pub, 265 Chellis St., Wausau. Periodic inspection 2023/01/25 1 violation: Microwave cavity is dirty.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, 222 Stewart Avenue, Wausau. January 25, 2023: 1 violation: Tiles fell off floor in front of prep sink and drain in front of fryer.
- Loppnow’s Bar, 1502 N. Third Street, Wausau. January 25, 2023: Two violations: No test kits to monitor sanitizer concentration. The hand wash sink behind the bar is not manual.
- North End Pub: 1002 N. Third Ave., Wausau. January 18, 2023: Two violations: Bleach spray bottles are very powerful. A practical container of bleach water without the generic name of the product.
- El Tequila Salsa, 151522 County Road NN Suite 103, Wausau. January 5, 2023: Five violations: SABA reach-in cooler’s pico de gallo and guacamole are held cold at 43.9°F. The shredded beef (TG beef) in the walk-in cooler has passed its date mark. Personnel in charge (PIC) do not monitor the food temperature of the food being chilled. The food in the SABA reach-in cooler he was over 41F. SABA reach-in coolers are not sufficiently capable of holding food at temperatures below 41°F. Prep Cooler does not have an integrated thermometer.
- Granite Peak Ski Area, 227200 Snowbird Avenue, Wausau. 2023.01.13 9 violations: A backflow prevention device was not installed on the faucet of the mop sink. His Sani-Tabs, a quat sanitizer that has not been used according to the manufacturer’s directions for use. The responsible party (PIC) does not monitor proper sanitizing concentrations and techniques in food premises. The disinfectant solution in the wipe bucket is above or below the concentration required to disinfect food contact surfaces. The sugar bin behind the Sundance Chalet soup kettle is stored in an unlabeled container. Beer-crusted onion rings, pretzel buns, and straight-cut fries were stored on the floor of the Sundance Chalet’s walk-in freezer. The historic chalet prep table does not have an integrated thermometer. Historic Chalets do not have service sinks. Sundance Chalet’s walk-in cooker has a crooked floor and poorly maintained ramp leading to the cooler, both of which are not easily cleaned. Mops stored in the Sundance Chalet are not hung to dry between uses.
- subway, 2409 N. Mountain Road, Wausau. January 19, 2023: 1 Violation: Current food protection manager certificate not posted at food establishment.
- home bar & grill, 115 W. Redwood Street, Edgar. January 3, 2023: No violations.
- Jerkwater Supper Club, 107760 County Road A, Dorchester. January 19, 2023: Three violations: This establishment does not have an approved or current certified food manager. The women’s restroom does not have a trash can with a lid. The urinals in the men’s restroom are not working.
- Relocation Pub & Eatery, 1801 County Road XX, Mossyny. January 17, 2023: Two violations: regular cut fries, beef patties, and frozen fish stored on the floor of a walk-in freezer. No irreversible registration thermometers are provided for measuring the surface temperature of cookware in high temperature bar dishwashers.
- subway, 212400 National Highway. 97, Stratford. January 26, 2023: No violations.