Courtney Lyle provides play-by-play with analyst Ryan Leaf on ESPN+’s stream. Tori Perry will be on the sidelines providing coverage from her level on the field. The broadcast can be accessed from any desktop or laptop her computer, her personal cellular her device, and TV streaming services using the ESPN app. You may register for the Subscription Service at ESPNPlus.com.
The Texas Tech Sports Network also broadcasts games to more than 46 affiliates throughout Texas and New Mexico. Brian Jensen calls with analyst John Harris and sideline his reporter Chris Level. Radio broadcasts are also available on SiriusXM channels 158 or 200 and the Varsity app.
we are on the homestretch
- Kansas is the first of two home games to wrap up the 2022 regular season schedule. The Red Raiders, who travel to Iowa between home games against Kansas and Oklahoma, close out the regular season with two of their final three games at home for the fourth straight season, and Texas Tech will be his last in 2020. He was able to win two of his three games. Tech outperformed both Baylor and Kansas, and fell slightly at No. 23 Oklahoma State.
- With Texas Tech going 4-1 at Jones AT&T Stadium this weekend, Saturday’s win could ensure the Red Raiders have one of their best recent and memorable home seasons. He finished two of his final three games of the season at home Texas Tech, the Red Raiders have won five or more at home since the 2009 season when he finished 6-1 in front of the fans. I have not.
- The Red Raiders have historically dominated the series with the Jayhawks as Texas Tech is 21-2 against Kansas, including a 41-14 loss to Lawrence a year ago.
One of America’s toughest schedules
- Texas Tech faced arguably one of the toughest schedules in college football this season. Because TCU already represented his sixth-ranked opponent in the Red Raiders in nine games. The Red Raiders are 2-4 against ranked opponents and 0-2 against top 10 opponents this season. Tech Ardwin was No. 25 Houston at the time and he was No. 22/19 Texas, No. 16/12 NC State, No. 25 Kansas, No. 7 Oklahoma, and his to No. 7 TCU. We have suffered losses on all four road trips.
- Texas Tech is one of two schools to have played against at least six teams ranked in the top 25 in the Associated Press poll so far this season, joining Tennessee.
Red Raiders Seek To Maintain Dominance In Kansas Series
- Texas Tech and Kansas will host the 24th tournament in school history on Saturday in a series historically dominated by the Red Raiders. Tech has won 14 of his last 15 games, putting him 21-2 all-time against the Jayhawks.
- Kansas went on a 12-game losing streak to the Red Raiders during Texas Tech’s visit to Lawrence in 2019. That’s because the Jayhawks recovered from his 13-point down and kicked his goal on the game-winning field at the end of regulation. The win was Kansas’ first win at home against the Red Raiders, as Texas Tech had previously been 10-0 at Lawrence.
- Kansas’ only other win in the series ruined the Red Raiders’ homecoming in 2001. This is his one of two overtime games in series history, as Red used his double overtime to his 41-34 victory over the Raiders in 2012.
- In the course of their 12-game winning streak against the Jayhawks, Texas Tech won 10 by double digits. In fact, the Red Raiders averaged 22.5 points per win in his 2004-2018 win streak against the Jayhawks.
- The Red Raiders have scored at least 30 points in all but two of their last 19 matchups during the Big 12 era. The only exceptions are his 17-7 win at home in 1997 and his 16-13 win to close out the 2020 campaign.
- This is the third time in series history that Texas Tech and Kansas have met since November. The two schools he faced once in November, with the Red Raiders winning his 41-34 overtime win at home. Kansas’ last visit to Lubbock was on December 5, 2020, when the Red Raiders won his 16-13 victory.
- The two schools have met four times outside of the Big 12 in the Home and Home Series in 1965-66 and 1969-70. The 1965 game was the first in college football history to utilize his instant replay technology.
Texas Tech, Kansas Connections
- wide receiver coach at texas tech Emmett Jones He spent the past three seasons in a similar role for the Jayhawks, so we’ll see some familiar faces on the opposite sideline this weekend. Kansas is one of two college study abroad destinations for Jones, who was on staff at Texas Tech University from 2015 to 2018 before he moved to Lawrence.Alumni Assistant Coach Trent Vathy He was also a GA for the Jayhawks a year ago.
- Texas Tech University Associate Head Coach and Special Teams Coordinator Kenny Perry After serving as Kansas co-defensive coordinator and cornerback coach from 2015 to 2016, he transitioned to special teams coordinator and recruiting coordinator from 2017 to 2018.
- Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at Texas Tech Lance Barrylow She also spent a year at the University of Kansas as Associate Director of Strength and Conditioning. Barilo left Kansas following the 2020 season, playing a similar role to Baylor.
- Texas Tech sophomore wide receiver jordan brown He was on the Kansas roster before moving to Texas Tech in January of this year. Brown played in two games in the 2020 true freshman season, against Oklahoma State and Iowa State, where he was the Jayhawk. He caught his one pass for 4 yards against the Cyclone.
- While there are no Kansas natives on the Texas Tech roster, there are four players who have played as senior offensive linemen in the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference. Ethan Carde (Coffeyville CC), sophomore offensive lineman Matt Keeler (Coffeyville CC), junior linebacker Christon Merryweather (Garden City CC), sophomore running back Xavier White (Dodge City CC).
News and Notes Heading to Kansas
- Texas Tech is looking to win at least two of its last three games to qualify for the 40th bowl in school history for the second straight season. Texas Tech are looking to return to the bowl for the second straight season for the first time since the 2012-13 campaign.
- Texas Tech entered November with a 4-4 overall record for the first time since 2017 and for the sixth time in the Big 12 era. In his five occurrences so far, the Red Raiders have won at least two of his games in November and have qualified for the Bowl four times (1997, 1999, 2010, 2017) 2016 was the only exception.
- Baylor’s loss broke Texas Tech’s previous perfect 4–0 record at home this season. A victory over Kansas or Oklahoma in November would be Red’s Raiders’ most home wins of the season since Texas’ Tech won him 6-1 in a friendly at Jones AT&T Stadium in 2009.
- A loss to Oklahoma State gave the Red Raiders a sixth straight win with at least 30 points dating back to the beginning of the 2021 season. Texas Tech is 3-1 in such games this season with a win over West Virginia.
- Texas Tech has 40 players starting games this season. Currently, he is ranked 3rd among 5 power schools, tied for 7th nationally on FBS. The Red Raiders are tied with the likes of Arkansas State, Kentucky, Hawaii, and New Mexico State are already leading the FBS with 48 starters this season.
- With three regular-season games left, Texas Tech has so far only one true freshman who has played more than four games as a defensive lineman. Joseph AdidiahHe has appeared in 8 of 9 games so far, recording 9 tackles defensively, including 1.5 losses.Fellow freshman Bryson Donnell He has played in three games so far and is one shy, the maximum number to protect redshirt status under NCAA rules.
Wilson Turns All-America Year
- Tyree Wilson This season is turning into an All-American type season for the Red Raiders. He has 14.0 tackles this weekend and he has 7.0 sacks with Foros, but in the opposite block he is often a prime target for schemes. Wilson said that in TCU games alone he has lost 2.5 tackles and currently leads the Big 12, while on FBS he ranks fifth in most tackle losses per game (1.6). I’m here.
- Wilson joined FBS this weekend in the top 10 for tackles per game and as one of three Power Five players ranked in the top 20 for sacks per game, and is currently on FBS. 18th place.
All the excitement of the McGuire era
- Through five home games, Texas Tech has reached 97.0% of its capacity, which ranks 23rd in the nation and 4th in the Big 12 Conference. His fan count per game for the Red Raiders is his 58,661, which is currently his third highest number in the Big 12.
- the excitement is over Joey McGuireRecruitment has been felt across Texas Tech Athletics since last November, with the athletic division seeing a significant increase in ticket sales heading into the season opener. Texas Tech boasts over 7,000 new season ticket holders this year, bringing the total to over his 28,000, consistently ranked in the top 10 in the school’s history.
- Texas Tech announced a sold-out victory over Texas as 60,975 fans enjoyed the Red Raiders’ victory over their in-state rivals. That attendance was his fourth-highest in Jones AT&T Stadium history and marked an all-time high in the Series vs. Texas. This was the first sellout for Texas Tech since back-to-back weeks against Oklahoma and Texas in the second half of the 2018 season. Texas Tech recorded his second sellout of the season against Baylor as 60,705 fans filled Jones AT&T Stadium.