Piedmont hospitals, including Piedmont Newnan Hospital, have completed their respective Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNAs), part of their regulatory responsibilities as part of the non-profit healthcare system, and will implement the new strategy on November 15. start. To improve the overall health of the communities they serve.
The Piedmont Community Outreach team interviewed over 200 stakeholders across Georgia to provide insight into the specific health needs in their respective communities.
“Piedmont exists to serve our communities, and community health needs assessments help us identify areas where our resources can positively impact the lives of community members who need them most. said Thomas Worthy, Vice President of Foreign Affairs of Piedmont. “By helping Georgians reach their full potential and responding more quickly to the needs of their communities, Piedmont helps Georgians live healthier and more fulfilling lives. ”
The priorities approved by Piedmont Newnan’s Board of Directors are:
- To make health, mental and dental care affordable: We make affordable health, mental and dental care accessible to all community members, regardless of income. This includes partnerships with community-based organizations and internal programs to increase access.
- To reduce preventable cancer incidence and death: We promote both prevention and treatment of all cancers, especially the most vulnerable. This includes community-based screening and the promotion of programs to support community cancer patients and their families.
- To promote healthy behaviors to reduce preventable conditions, illnesses and addictions: We actively promote healthy behavior and encourage community members to quit risky behaviors such as smoking. This includes extensive health education and programs and specific efforts aimed at curbing opioid use.
- To reduce preventable cases and deaths from heart disease: We focus on early detection and healthy behaviors to advance both prevention and treatment of heart disease and reduce risk. We pay particular attention to populations at highest risk of heart disease.
“Our goal as a community hospital is to protect the health of people in and around Coweta County,” said Mike Robertson, CEO of Piedmont Newnan. Together, we will advance early prevention, detection, treatment and risk reduction in these critical areas with the goal of improving Cowetan’s overall health.”
CHNA is a measure of the relative health or well-being of a particular community. This is the activity and end result of identifying and prioritizing unmet community health needs.
· Data collection and analysis.
· Seek feedback from the community and key stakeholders. When,
· Assess Piedmont’s past work and future opportunities.
Through this assessment, Piedmont will understand local health challenges, identify health trends in the community, identify gaps in the current health care delivery system, and address those gaps and identified health needs. You can get more information to make a plan for.
This is the 4th Piedmont CHNA held in 2013, 2016 and 2019. The current Piedmont CHNA serves as a foundation for developing community benefit strategies and further strengthening community engagement.