Flix North America Inc. has announced the joint integration of its Greyhound and FlixBus booking platforms. This will enable a shared, expanded intercity bus network that allows customers to easily find, book and travel across North America.
Flix is a Dallas-based company that oversees both Greyhound and FlixBus operations throughout North America.
“This is an exciting time for intercity bus travel,” said CEO Kai Boyan in a statement. “By leveraging the synergy between Greyhound’s more than a century of experience connecting communities across the country and the innovative technology of FlixBus, we aim to provide millions of travelers with a more affordable, convenient, and holistic experience.” We can provide access to a better travel experience across the board.”
With the spring travel season kicking off, customers can now book Greyhound and FlixBus rides to nearly 2,300 destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico from the brand’s website or app, according to the company.
Aiming for a better travel experience
Munich, Germany-based Flix SE will acquire Greyhound Lines Inc. in 2021. The FlixBus brand has been in North America since his 2018, and his acquisition of Greyhound brings together his two leaders in the travel industry. Last summer, the mobility company consolidated its North American operations into Dallas. Flix SE established Flix North America, overseeing both Greyhound and FlixBus operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, and announced several executive changes to help advance its mission.
Flix said its innovative global technology, coupled with Greyhound’s iconic nationwide presence, is setting a new standard for intercity bus transportation. In addition to the shared booking platform, customers can expect an enhanced set of products and features aimed at enhancing their travel experience.
- 1 ticket per booking: The customer only has one ticket for the entire trip, regardless of whether the trip is point-to-point or has multiple stops and bus transfers.
- Reserved seat: During the booking process, customers can reserve seats for a small fee.
- New payment method: Apple Pay (available now) and Google Pay are expected in early spring.
- The first bag moves for free: 1 carry-on bag and 1 carry-on bag are included in the standard ticket price, and passengers can add extra bags for a small fee.
- Manage My Bookings: Customers can now easily manage all their reservations through the brand’s website and apps, including rescheduling or canceling trips, updating passenger information and reserving seats.
- Carbon Offset Credits: Through a partnership between FlixBus and atmosfair, passengers can now offset their carbon footprint with each trip for 1-3% of the total ticket price.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi/Inflight Entertainment: As always, passengers can enjoy free Wi-Fi, power outlets to charge their devices, and in-flight entertainment.
Last summer, Flix SE consolidated its North American operations into Dallas and announced a new management line-up.
Please be on the list.
Dallas continues to innovate every day.
Sign up for daily updates on what’s new in Dallas-Fort Worth plus: