FARGO — Fargo Cass Public Health (FCPH) recently conducted tobacco compliance checks on 25 Fargo businesses, 20 of which passed.
Failed Fargo businesses include:
· Holiday Station, 101 N. University Drive: Second failure in one year.
· Don’s Convenience Center, 2500 52nd Ave. S.: Broken down for the first time in a year.
· Casey’s General Store, 1901 University Drive N.: Second failure in one year.
· Holiday Station, 1020 19th Ave. N.: Breakdown for the first time in a year
· Family Dollar, 2820 N. Broadway: Second failure in a year.
The penalties imposed are as follows:
· 1 year first failure: 1 year probation and $500 administration fee.
· Second default in one year: 3-day tobacco license suspension and $500 administration fee.
· Third default in one year: 10-day tobacco license suspension and $500 administration fee.
Several times a year, the FCPH partners with local law enforcement agencies to conduct tobacco compliance checks in Fargo, West Fargo, and Cass counties. The purpose of the check is to ensure that the tobacco retailer does not sell cigarettes to anyone under the age of 21.
Licensed tobacco retailers are encouraged to regularly review city ordinances and state laws relating to the sale of tobacco products.